[Interest] Compile issues Qt5.5.0 with msvc2010 and openssl

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Fri Aug 21 16:39:06 CEST 2015

Mathieu:

If you feel that the openssl stuff is a pain to work with,
you can always to link https://tls.mbed.org/ into your projects.

(I am sure WolfSSL would work too)

I decided against OpenSSL when they keep announcing security holes by
wayward contributors.

It is now code owned and open sourced by ARM and I find it very usable
and manageable to include with qt project code.

The ultimate overhead for its inclusion is 250k on OSX and 500k on Android.

One possible downside is that you are not working with
NetworkAccessManager at that point, which may or may not be important
to you.

Just an alternate idea.

md

That way you can separate

On 8/21/2015 8:31 AM, Mathieu Slabbinck wrote:
> Koehne Kai was on the right end here :)
> Everything I had was MT, but I had to compile openssl myself against
> msvc2010 to get it to work.
> Thanks!
>
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.