[Interest] Windows deployment. Failed to start because of missing platform plugin...

Bo Thorsen bo at vikingsoft.eu
Fri Aug 28 17:43:36 CEST 2015

Den 28-08-2015 kl. 17:24 skrev Sze Howe Koh:
>>     plugins\
>> >      platforms\
>> >        qwindows.dll
>> >      sqldrivers\
>> >        qsqlite.dll
>> >
>> >This works for me with Qt 5.5.
> Are you sure? Did you use a custom configuration or call
> QCoreApplication::addLibraryPath()? By default, the application will
> look for <PWD>\platforms\qwindows.dll but not
> <PWD>\plugins\platforms\qwindows.dll.

Oops, I forgot to mention that I also ship a qt.conf that sets the path
to "." - that's what makes this possible.

I just checked on a clean virtual machine. If I remove the qt.conf it
doesn't work, like you predicted. Moving the two plugins dirs to the
toplevel does.

But the point of my first mail was actually not this one. It's more to
try and copy over all the dll's and all plugins and see if you can make
this work. If you can, then it's a question of missing dependencies on
Igors side. If not, there's something not Qt related that stops this.
But as it complained about the windows plugin, it's a very safe bet that
it's either the plugins dir locations or some missing libraries.

Bo Thorsen,
Director, Viking Software.

--
Viking Software