[Interest] Launch Qt Desktop Application(Windows) by clicking custom file

Federico Buti bacarozzo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 20:15:00 CEST 2015

Hi,

you can follow the standard example that you can find here
<http://doc.qt.io/qtinstallerframework/qt-installer-framework-registerfileextension-example.html>
.
The relevant part is the "RegisterFileType" operation.

It should look like this:

component.addOperation("RegisterFileType", "<file_extension>",
"@TargetDir@\\<executablename.exe>"
                            "<description>",
                            "application/x-binary",
                            "@TargetDir@/<icon_file.ico>",
                            "ProgId=<executablename.file_extension>");​

​Obviously the "<...>" are placeholders for your actual data.
Hope this helps.​

​Br,
F.