[Interest] Feature Req's for 5.7 (Mobile)

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Mon Dec 7 16:52:53 CET 2015

Jason,

You need to do this integration on the native side. Are you using AppDelegate override on iOS and QtActivity override on Android? You will need to do it. You will also need the respective libs from Parse (iOS & Android)

On iOS you will need to have a file like this:

And in your main, call the last function AppDelegateInitialize

Then on your .pro you need to link with the libraries:

ios {
    OBJECTIVE_SOURCES += $$PWD/AppDelegate.mm

    INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/frameworks/Parse.framework/Headers \
                   $$PWD/frameworks/Bolts.framework/Headers

    LIBS += -framework Parse -framework Bolts -frameworks CoreMidi -framework AudioToolbox -framework MobileCoreServices -framework CoreLocation -framework CFNetwork -framework AdSupport -framework FBSDKCoreKit
}

On Android you just need to place the Parse-X.Y.Z.jar inside the android/libs dir but you will need to tweak the AndroidManifest.xml and say that:

<application android:name=“com.your_company.your_product.Application" android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" >

Do the same for activity if you need to override Activity. I also override activity but I think it is not necessary for push notifications with Parse.

Place this file under com/your_company/you_product

Then you just need to create the Parse application on the Parse portal and update the keys.

It was a quick and rough summary of the necessary steps. Maybe some of them are already familiar to you. Let me know if you have questions

Regards,

Nuno Santos
Founder / CEO / CTO
www.imaginando.pt