[Interest] [OS X] creating a QDialog from a WId?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:49:40 CET 2015

On Wednesday December 09 2015 08:30:44 Nuno Santos wrote:

Hi!

>Yes, I’m writing a plugin and the ptr is a NSView provided by the host.

That's not a different application! Plugins are loaded by what's indeed called a host application, but afterwards their code executes in the address space of the host.

My context is one in which the application that puts up the dialog receives the WId (or NSView* in your case) from another application that created the corresponding window.

>Sorry, I don’t know what KF5 is.

KF5 = "KDE Frameworks 5". Those frameworks are intended to be a cross-platform set of useful extensions to Qt5.

R.