[Interest] [OS X] application gets window-based AND Mac-style menubar with Qt::AA_DontUseNativeMenuBar=true

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:43:49 CET 2015

Hi,

Debugging menu behaviour in a cross-platform Qt5 application (the Kate editor) I notice that it gets 2 menubars when I set the Qt::AA_DontUseNativeMenuBar attribute to false. The window gets its own menu bar, but the application also shows the global, Mac-style menubar. As far as I can tell the attribute is not changed explicitly in any of the libraries (KF5 frameworks) used by Kate, so how can this happen?

Thanks,
René