[Interest] Rendering of QGraphicsSvgItem via QSvgGenerator

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Sun Dec 13 15:16:29 CET 2015

On 12/13/2015 05:32 AM, Jean-Michaël Celerier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to render a graphics scene that contains some QGraphicsSvgItem and
> some QGraphicsItem.
>
> The QGraphicsItem render correctly as SVG when I import them in inkscape, but
> the QGraphicsSvgItem are rendered as PNG !

Yes, I noticed that oddity too.

The QGraphicsSvgItem was rendered in the output SVG
as a PNG. This was not Inkscapes fault.

Hey Qt. You've got the SVG. It's in your hand.
Why output it as PNG.

I was lucky because my QGraphicsSvgItem was the only
item in the scene, so I just added a special case to
bypass the use of a QGraphicScene and transfer my
input SVG directly to my output SVG.

Perhaps you could render your none SVG items to SVG
and then concatenate that with the SVG input. Of course
that would be complicated by overlap and scaling.