[Interest] Qt/QML fullscreen app not visible through Teamviewer on Windows

Cornelius Hald hald at icandy.de
Tue Dec 15 13:41:17 CET 2015

Hi!

I've got a Qt/QML app running in fullscreen. Unfortunately I've noticed
that the app is not visible through Teamviewer which I'd like to use
for remote access.

This issue does only occurs if the app runs on Windows. On Linux
everything is fine.

Through Teamviewer I can see the target desktop as if the app would be
completely transparent.

Once I switch the app from fullscreen to windowed mode it is correctly
transmitted. So it looks like there are some optimizations turned on
once the app runs in fullscreen mode.

I'm using Qt 5.5.1 on Windows 7 but the issue is visible with Qt 5.5.0
as well. With older Qt (I think 5.3.x) I didn't have this problem.

The only way I've found is to force the app to use ANGLE by setting:
app.setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseOpenGLES);

Unfortunately this brings up some graphical glitches and performance
issues.

Is anyone aware of a potential solution? Hints and pointers would be
welcome as well.

Thanks!
Conny