[Interest] New CI for Qt (and OpenSource Qt/QtC 3rd parties)

Fathi Boudra fboudra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 08:34:01 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Bo Thorsen <bo at vikingsoft.eu> wrote:
> Den 11-12-2015 kl. 09:16 skrev Sarajärvi Tony:
>>
>>         > I cannot find any reference to "Coin CI".  Is this an open
>> source or commercial tool?  A Qt internal tool?
>>
>> Internal tool created from nothing. Sources aren't public as of yet anyway
>

> I'd like to see that done. I'm also interested in hearing about why you
> chose to do this, as there are so many CI systems available already.
>
> My guess is that this is because you want a system that can create virtual
> machines on the fly? I'd be interested in getting such a system set up for
> our own build server. So you could have your first contributor soon :)

btw, you can achieve the same with Jenkins and Docker. Jenkins has a
docker plugin, which can spawn ephemeral or persistent docker build
slaves (very similar to EC2 slave if you're familiar with it). Puppet
isn't required in this setup as you can use Dockerfiles to maintain
the virtual machines. Another interesting project that you might find
useful is Jenkins Job Builder from OpenStack infra folks. It allows to
write the Jenkins jobs in yaml (human readable) and store them as
plain text in your favorite SCM like git.

Cheers.