[Interest] New CI for Qt (and OpenSource Qt/QtC 3rd parties)

rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:18:09 CET 2015

On 12/16/2015 10:38 AM, Edward Sutton wrote:
>> On Dec 16, 2015, at 8:49 AM, rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I use Jenkins now for Android, iOS, OS X, Linux, & Windows builds. Jenkins + Docker sounds interesting. I assume one advantage is it is light weight compared to having to store a bunch of large VM images? Can Docker be used to deploy OS X Xcode and Windows Visual Studio build slaves? Or is the Docker engine always running a Linux system of some sort regardless if the engine host is Windows? -Ed
>>
>> Edward:
>>
>> How are you verifying Android and IOS builds?
>>
>> Using simulators or actual devices?
> Manual testing using actual hardware.
>
> An automated-smoke test would be nice. I do not know how I would do this.
>
> -Ed

Yes, real device testing in the CI would be great.

For android, you would have to automate GDB to uninstall and reinstall
apk files.

Then have code to support the simulation of user input and sensor data.

It would be likely impossible to verify the GUI side, but models and
business logic could be verified.

And high volume testing could be executed.

IOS is a different animal.  Likely have to jailbreak a device just to
get into it for automated program removal and testing.