[Interest] How to deploy qtwebengine_resources_100p.pak on Windows

Glenn Ramsey gr at componic.co.nz
Wed Dec 16 23:53:32 CET 2015

Hi,

I am attempting to create a PyInstaller build for a PyQt application that uses
QtWebEngine on Windows. I have this mostly working but scroll bars in the
QtWebEngine window are red. This is apparently caused by the lack of the files
qtwebengine_resources_100p.pak and qtwebengine_resources_200p.pak.

As far as I can tell from this patch
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/121432/ these should be deployed in the
application directory. I have put them there but they are not being found. The
error message (below) indicates that they are being looked for in the directory
that was passed as -prefix when configuring the qt build.

[1217/110543:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(691)] Failed to load C:\Users\glenn\Docume
nts\rp\thirdparty\qt551\qtbase\qtwebengine_resources_200p.pak
Some features may not be available.

In this application the main executable, QtWebEngineProcess.exe, and its support
files (icudtl.dat, qtwebengine_resources.pak, etc) are in the same directory.

If not in the application directory then where should these files
qtwebengine_resources_100p.pak and qtwebengine_resources_200p.pak be deployed?

Glenn