[Interest] qmake.exe -query gets stuck

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 15:30:28 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 3:55 PM, <qt at supradigital.org> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> [System Windows7 64bit]
>
> I just tried to install Qt(32bit) for a less knowledgable person and
> utterly failed. Installation went successfull. At the end the installer
> offered to start QtCreator for us. We said sure and it did. However we
> never saw Qt Creator. The task manager showed it running, along with the
> child "qmake.exe -query". This qmake.exe turns out to be impossible to
> kill.
>
> I also tried calling it manually and sure enough it got stuck forever.
> Unkillable.
>
> Any advice? We tried this with Qt 5.5.0 and 5.5.1. Same result.

A colleague of mine saw something similar on his Windows 10 machine last
week. He would double click on the Creator Icon (version 3.5.1 I believe)
and it would appear that Creator was not started, though task manager
showed it running. Eventually we figured out that disabling his virus
scanner fixed the problem. I don't remember which virus scanner he was
using.

Adam