[Interest] file:// is harshing my zen

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Dec 17 16:59:49 CET 2015

> >> Caveat: I don't use QML. If that's giving you QString's that really
> >> should be QUrl's, I'd be complaining about that...
> >
> > It does.
>
> Can you elaborate more about your scenario? Do you have a property of
> type QString (string in QML) and you're assigning a value of type QUrl
> (url) to it?

Camera { videoRecorder { actualLocation } } it also happens on Camera { imageCapture { preview } }. But on image capture, it is using a QQuickImageProvider, so the scheme is actually useful. Meanwhile all the recording backends seem to be optimized for, and are only capable of, writing to files. It would be really cool if I could specify a storage provider with the scheme. Like: encrypted://file where it uses my provider to read/write a provider that implements a QIODevice interface.