[Interest] Unnecessary repaints.

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Thu Dec 17 19:03:48 CET 2015

>> I know they are unnecessary because my app responds with multiple
>> screen refreshes (paints) from a single user action. And for me those
>> paints can be expensive.
>

> Did you write a widget that calls update()? I'm not sure I understand your concern. update() should only be called when a redraw is needed. This is primarily done to reflect new data, or occasionally because something obscured the widget, which was not stored on a double buffer, and it needs to be redrawn. See also invalidate().
>
> What single user action is happening?

Single user action might be one mouse click
in my custom widget.

I am just wasting your time.
My 10 year old code is crap and needs to be rewritten.
I was just looking for an incremental understanding of
what I did wrong in hopes of a quick incremental fix in
lieu of that complete rewrite.

See also: update, invalidate, and updateGeometry.