[Interest] Unnecessary repaints.

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Dec 17 19:53:25 CET 2015

> If I call:
>
> 	QWidget::update()	    and
> 	QWidget::updateGeometry()
>
> Can I assume the layout request would be processed first and
> then any repaints would take place.
>
> In general can I assume that all layout requests would be serviced
> upon return to the event loop before any repaints.

A troll might know otherwise, but that is the model I use when I do QWidget subclasses (I've done several), and it's always worked like that for me. It'd be a waste to to anything otherwise because you're doing a potentially expansive paint operation on junk geometry. The only thing I can think of is if someone calls their own (or a child widget's) repaint method directly, which I read somewhere is a no-no.(For obvious reasons).