[Interest] Using own module in qt.creator

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:42:30 CET 2015

Hi,

I've created a very simple module for SPI I/O [1]. The directory
structure was based on qtserial and [2]. When (cross)building with
yocto, everything works as expected: An application using the module
by adding 'QT += spidevice' works fine and I get all module files
(pkg-config / cmake / headers) where I expect them.

No my (dumb) question: On my PC in qt-creator adding QT += spidevice
and adding a dependency in my app to the module is not enough: qmake
complains that it cannot find module spidevice. I checked the add
library dialog but that does not allow to select my module. How can I
teach qmake to find my module without installing the module on my PC?

Help appreciated :)

[1] https://github.com/schnitzeltony/qtiohelper
[2] https://wiki.qt.io/Creating_a_new_module_or_tool_for_Qt

Andreas