[Interest] QWebEngineWidgets depend on Qt5Quick and Qt5Qml

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:16:16 CET 2015

Dear list,

I have a question just out of curiosity. We recently added a HTML view
to our Qt5 widget application to show latest news, release information
etc. Since we wanted to get some hands on QWebEngine anyway, we played a
bit with and finally added a QWebEngineView because it was super easy to
use. After updating the package scripts, I realized that
QWebEngineWidgets is also linked against QtQuick and QtQml. I'm
wondering now whether this was necessary since it uses the rendering
methods from this modules or was it just because QWebEngine module
offers also QtQuick/QtQml extensions?

Looking at Qt5Multimedia it offers separate modules:
- Qt5MultimediaWidgets
- Qt5MultimediaQuick_p

So was this not possible for QWebEngine or was it an intentional decision?

Cheers R.