[Interest] [QtGui] Clip cursor position

Nye kshegunov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:22:22 CET 2015

Hello Jan,
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not really convinced that this'd help,
since installing an event filter on the application object is effectively
doing the same thing as grabbing the mouse (at least while the mouse is
over an application window). Additionally the "grabMouse" runs into the
trouble that I'd have to manually dispatch the messages to their
corresponding widgets and it doesn't really prevent the mouse from leaving
an area (or widget/window), it just ensures that the particular widget will
get all mouse events (whether or not they occur in its client area). In
windows the API seems to allow the behavior I'm after (
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms648383(v=vs.85).aspx)
but I'm not sure if this is even possible for X11.

Kind regards,
Konstantin.