[Interest] Creating a transparent "hole" in QML Scene Graph

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Dec 23 20:32:51 CET 2015

Hi all,

I'm running QML on embedded device (IPTV set-top box) which has separate hardware layer fo video output, placed under UI layer where QML paints.

Now I'd like create QML item providing transparent "hole", i.e. transparent rect hich would not blend with content underneath, but "erasing" it (so that video layer becomes unobscured).

In widgets API I could draw transparent rect with QPainter using CompositionMode_Clear. Is it possible to achieve the same thing in QML? Solution (ab)using private APIs is acceptable for me.

--
Regards,
Konstantin