[Interest] QML + Android UI

Suornoms Siademont demonadok at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 11:53:56 CET 2015

Dear developers,

I have QtActivity (ANDROID_PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR in *.pro file), that
shows Camera preview through TextureView (fullscreen mode) that
handles SurfaceTexture and some Android UI. Application have
android:hardwareAccelerated="true" option in AndroidManifest.xml.

Also, I have QQuickView (fullscreen mode) in main C++ program, that
shows some QML elements. But, I was surprised, when I tried to draw
QQuickView over TextureView of application: there is no QML elements,
I see only TextureView.

I spent many time to find the answer, but there is no appropriate
solution for drawing QML and Android together, with layering or
something. Drawing QML window over Android is very important for me,
because some functions of QtMultimedia doesn't work (according to
http://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.5.0_Multimedia_Backends) on Android/iOS.

Thanks!