[Interest] Embedding a map in a QML UI on Android and iOS

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Dec 26 21:06:23 CET 2015

I've been searching for quite a while and my head is spinning. :-/

How would a QML application on Android and iOS display a map - preferably a Google map, but I'll work with something else that has a satellite view if need be.

I tried QWebView so that I could open an embedded Google map in it. But when I try this based on the examples I was able to find I am told "QtWebView is not installed" when trying to run the app.

What I have is

import QtQuick 2.3
import QtWebView 1.0

Rectangle {
	WebView {
		id: ...
		url: "https://maps.google.com <https://maps.google.com/>"
	}
}

I bet I'm missing something fundamental, but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks

/D