[Interest] doEvents() for QML?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Dec 28 15:59:36 CET 2015

I have a C++ set of functions where I open(), pump() /*n times*/, close(). I have the QML UI thread do the pumping because I want to update a status bar. It's the only thing that the app is doing (and should be doing), so I'm not worried about the UI being jittery. Previously in C++/Widgets, I could set a timer with a duration of 0 and get call the pump function when the event loop was empty. But now when I do that (or with a small timer delay) I get the pump() done, but the UI does not update.

How can I call pump() and make sure the UI updates?