[Interest] "Use Ministro service to install Qt" in the "Qt Deployment" panel with Qt 5.5.1

Christoph Petzold c_p at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Dec 29 22:05:30 CET 2015

Hi,

today i tried to "Use Ministro service to install Qt" in the "Qt
Deployment" panel of my Qt-Android project settings in Qt Creator. But
was unlucky.

I can deploy and run my app on my smart phone (Huawei P8-Lite) when
using the "Qt Deployment" option "Bundle Qt libraries in APK".

Here is what i tried to use Ministro so far:

Install the Ministro from the google play store
Install Ministro II from the google play store
Install Ministro configuration tool from the google play store
Install Ministro from here:
http://files.kde.org/necessitas/installer/release/Ministro%20II.apk

and

http://www.androidapk.ws/app/ministro-ii-apk

At first my app did not even find the ministro service even though it
was installed. Now i get the error message "Invalid Qt Version".

When i use the "create templates" button in the qt creator project
settings i get a file android/res/values/libs.xml which contains the
lines

<array name="qt_sources">
<item>https://download.qt-project.org/ministro/android/qt5/qt-5.4</item>
</array>

I wonder if it should read qt-5.5 instead of qt-5.4 at the end of the
url.

I tried to build and run with manually changed url to qt-5.5 without
success.
I also tried to switch the ministro source between stable, testing and
unstable by using the ministro configuration tool but was unlucky until
now. I really lost overview of what did i test and what not. I assume
there is a more straight forward way for getting ministro and qt 5.5.1
to work properly. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Do i have to build
a "proper" ministro apk package on my own?

Here are some build/target system details. Please ask for further
details.

/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64
/home/christoph/android-sdk-linux
downloaded Android 5.0.1 (version of my smart phone)
and Android 6.0
with Android SDK Manager 24.4.1

/home/christoph/android-ndk-r10e

/home/christoph/apache-ant-1.9.6/bin/ant

Qt Creator
Based on Qt 5.5.1 (GCC 4.9.1 20140922 (Red Hat 4.9.1-10), 64 bit)
Built on Dec 15 2015 01:01:12
>From revision b52c2f91f5

As Build Kit for the target i use Auto-detected
Android for armeabi-v7a (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.5.1)

many greetings
Christoph