[Interest] Qt5 qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/Private/libdialogsprivateplugin.dylib created in root?!

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:26:37 CET 2015

Hi,

A user is seeing a very weird issue with my MacPorts build/packaging script. Everything goes fine, until the process comes to creating qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/Private/libdialogsprivateplugin.dylib . Rather than having a DESTDIR=../../../qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/Private it seems his DESTDIR must be missing the "../../.." part.

This is with an out-of-source build, using a configure-build-install scheme that is rather standard apart from lots of MacPorts-specific configure options.

Debugging this is complicated because remote and a difference in Mac OS X and SDK versions . Looking at our build logs I do see that the 1st thing that's done when I rebuild after removing the whole qtquickcontrols build directory is the creation of a .qmake.cache file in my log, but not in his log. That file remains empty for me, but I guess it still serves a purpose.

He's using the 10.11 SDK though. I know there are issues with building Qt 5.5 on OS X 10.11, but wasn't expecting those issues to arise on an earlier OS version when using the 10.11 SDK ...
Could it be https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/127759 is related?

Thanks in advance for anything that can help figuring out what's up here!

R.