[Interest] Using std::string in android projects

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Dec 31 16:29:41 CET 2015

> Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 6:48 PM
> From: "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> To: interest at qt-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Interest] Using std::string in android projects
>
> On Wednesday 30 December 2015 23:05:02 Jason H wrote:
> > I'm trying to use a library that uses std::strings. However when the string
> > is assigned, I get a crash at 0xdeadcab1 (see
> > https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/bfa632c/sources/cxx-stl/gab
> > i++/src/terminate.cc#52)
>
> That's the std::terminate's default handler. That handler is called when an
> exception is thrown but not caught. What exception was thrown? Can you put a
> catch block to see what it was?

I will, but this only happens on Android, on iOS it is fine, which lead be to believe that the crash is a platform/linkage issue and not my coding.

> > My .pro android block:
> > android {
> > 	QT += androidextras
> > 	LIBS +=
> > -L/Users/jhihn/Downloads/android-ndk-r10e/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/
> > lib/ -lstlport_shared
>
> Why are you using stlport? Can't you use libstdc++ like everyone else does?
> For that matter, didn't I read a day or two ago that Android had switched the
> NDK to Clang/LLVM, so libc++ should be the one people would use?

I'll gladly use whatever works. The answer on why I went that route is because simply "that's what I found on the internet".

Could you tell me what I need to change to get std::strings working with libstdc++?