[Interest] Problem building docs in dev branch and out-of-source build

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Thu Jan 1 19:16:05 CET 2015

Hiya,
for the new year I gave me a new Qt5. :-)

It is the dev branch. And for the first time I tried an out-of-source build for Qt5.
No problem for qt itself, but something is very wrong with the docs.

I did the usual
'make docs' and 'make install_docs' and for out-of-source:
make install_global_docs

So far so good. Plenty of qch files are installed. However, they are all useless.
In Assistant all pages give me:
> The page could not be found!

> Error loading: qthelp://org.qt-project.qtprintsupport.550/qtprintsupport/qtprintsupport/qtprintsupport-index.html

> Please make sure that you have all documentation sets installed.

It looks like all indices are missing. Strangely the also created html documents seem to be complete and working.

Any ideas what could cause this problem? I suppose it has something to do with the out-of-source build.

Guido