[Interest] Understanding Qt Macros

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Sat Jan 3 05:05:33 CET 2015

Hmm... Not sure myself, but if I am allowed to guess: None of your business.
Noooo, this is not meant aggressive. It was meant: If they are not documented,
or even found in a google search, they are not meant to be used directly and
are at best only of interest for developers of Qt itself. Or for developers of
programs like cmake. Or for unlucky people who for some strange reasons want or
must write their Makefiles by hand. Normal users of Qt should probably view
and treat them like private methods or variables: Hands off.

If you really are new to Qt and C++, don't waste your time with irrelevant stuff
like that. In 99.9999% of all projects knowledge of those macros won't help you
at all.

Guido