[Interest] Shadow build / Xcode project

Reinhardt Behm rbehm at hushmail.com
Sun Jan 4 14:36:45 CET 2015

On 04.01.2015 20:24, Nuno Santos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have performed on the command line “qmake myproject.pro” to generate
> the Xcode project file.
>
> It happens that all the files generated on this process as well as the
> moc_* generated files polute my source directory.
>
> To avoid this I have tried to create a xcode dir and ran “qmake
> ../myproject.pro”, however, this way, the project doesn’t compile on
> xcode, complaining about
>
> clang: error: no such file or directory:
> '/Users/nsantos/workspace/myproject/myproject_qml_plugin_import.cpp'
> clang: error: no input files
>
> It seems it is not ready for this dir architecture.
>
> Is there any ways of making a cleaner source directory without making
> the xcode project polluting it with Makefiles and moc_* files, etc?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
>
> Nuno Santos

I use mostly Linux and not Xcode but I assume the qmake vars
OBJECTS_DIR, UI_DIR, MOC_DIR and DESTDIR also work there.
Using them you can control where all the files will be placed and avoid
polluting yout source directory.

I am using

MOC_DIR = .build/moc
UI_DIR = .build/ui
OBJECTS_DIR = .build/obj
DESTDIR = ./bin

  in nearly every .pro file. This keeps my source directory clean. qmake
will even create those dirs automatically.
By using ".build/" this directory is created inside the source dir but
hidden in Linux.

--
Reinhardt