[Interest] Qt 5.x and Plugin-Build-Key

Rainer Wiesenfarth Rainer_Wiesenfarth at Trimble.com
Mon Jan 5 16:51:51 CET 2015

From: Christoph Cullmann
> for our commercial application, we ship the Qt dynamic libraries in our
> package, as we can't rely on the system libs to be up-to-date enough.
>
> In Qt 4.x, we used the build-key of the plugins to disallow qt plugins of the
> system to be loaded, should there be some Qt 4.x stuff installed.
>
> (http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/deployment-plugins.html#the-build-key)
>
> For Qt 5.x, that "feature" seems to have gone.
> [...]

We had the very same problem with Qt 4.x and also used the build key approach. For our - not yet shipped - Qt 5.x based version we use a qt.conf file (in the application's directory) to override the plugin path.

According to the docs this should do the trick, though I did not test it yet (currently there is no other Qt 5.x on the machine).

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer Wiesenfarth

--
Software Engineer | Trimble Geospatial
Rotebühlstraße 81 | 70178 Stuttgart | Germany

Trimble Germany GmbH, Am Prime Parc 11, 65479 Raunheim
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Darmstadt unter HRB 83893,
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Frank Heimberg, Hans-Jürgen Gebauer