[Interest] Testing new QML QtWebView 1.0

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Jan 6 10:36:17 CET 2015

On 06/01/2015 10:15, Sze Howe Koh wrote:
>> >Also, I believe I saw something go by looking like on desktop WebEngine would be used to implement WebView?
> I don't think so. Qt WebEngine provides a full web engine based on
> Chromium, and is only available .
>
> Qt WebView provides a wrapper for the native web engine on mobile
> platforms. This module was introduced mainly because mobile platforms
> have security restrictions that prevent Qt WebEngine from running, so
> it doesn't make sense to implement Qt WebView in terms of Qt
> WebEngine.

The Qt5.4.0/Examples/QtWebView/1.0/webview example runs also on desktop,
at least on linux.   So something is used to make it run there.

Although trying to use it in my own application gave me a segfault
somewhere in OpenGL, while on Android it did work.

Btw. I think the name should be changed from WebView, as it is now will
cause endless confusion in discussions and search engines.

Harri