[Interest] redirecting Qt pixel data to designated buffer

Selmeci, Tamás tselmeci at open-st.eu
Tue Jan 6 16:31:11 CET 2015

On Tue, 2015-01-06 at 15:05 +0000, Rutledge Shawn wrote:
> QtQuick 2 items have no built-in support for rendering via QPainter, so it normally doesn’t work without OpenGL.  One way to get back an image after the rendering is done is QQuickItem::​grabToImage().  There is a commercial add-on to use the raster engine for rendering though, in case you really don’t have an OpenGL-capable GPU: http://doc.qt.io/QtQuick2DRenderer/index.html

I not only want to get back an image after rendering, I want to prevent
Qt from drawing anything onto the screen, except for my buffer. This is
offscreen rendering, but I don't know how to use the 'offscreen' plugin
for this...

Maybe the best would be to refactor 'linuxfb' so it doesn't write
to /dev/fb*, but to my buffer. I'm just hesitating to begin this work
until someone says there's no simpler solution...

Regards,