[Interest] redirecting Qt pixel data to designated buffer

Selmeci, Tamás tselmeci at open-st.eu
Tue Jan 6 17:10:35 CET 2015

On Tue, 2015-01-06 at 07:56 -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Maybe the best would be to refactor 'linuxfb' so it doesn't write
> > to /dev/fb*, but to my buffer. I'm just hesitating to begin this work
> > until someone says there's no simpler solution...
>
> You'll probably need that and patching Mesa too.

At this phase of development my intention is to disable any OpenGL etc.
extension of Qt to force it to use software rendering/blitting. Why do I
have to patch Mesa (which is a kind of OpenGL implementation if I'm not
wrong) if my Qt doesn't use OpenGL/EGL at all?

In a very simplyfied approach, what I only have to do in 'linuxfb'
platform plugin is copying the buffer data not to /dev/fb*, but into my
buffer... is it correct?