[Interest] Extendable QML App

Daniel França daniel.franca at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:52:58 CET 2015

Hi guys,
I'm doing an extendable QML application, my goal is to be able to easily
extend the application with plugins, so I can create different products
from the sabe base.

To achieve this I'm doing the following architecture:

* QML app with some entry points for extendable qml
* C++ class to handle installed extensions
* Load the qml file on the entry points

i.e: If I've a plugin called "NewButtons", then I implement a file called
ExtraButton.qml.
On the entry point of the main qml file I lookup for the extensions
installed calling the C++ code.
After that I look if there's an item to be loaded, and then I call
Qt.CreateComponent, etc...

In some entry points I simply change the source of a Loader element (i.e:
When can be only one element on that area)

It's working, but it seems that I can have some difficulties with
communication between qml elements in different files and loaded in
different moments, and I don't know if there's a better way to achieve this
goal.

Does anyone have made something similar? Which approach do you prefer?
Should I keep going on this direction?

Best,
Daniel