[Interest] qt 5.4 build failure to replace existing qt5.3 in the same place

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 17:57:33 CET 2015

On Monday January 12 2015 08:20:03 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday 12 January 2015 14:38:20 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> Yes.
>
> But make sure it came from the -headerdir switch. It might have come from
> something else, such as a dependent package's pkg-config output.

A dependent package? I can see how the pkg-config of a dependency can introduce a header search path when building Qt, but how could a package dependent on Qt do that?

Also, the string "include/qt5" doesn't occur in any of the files I have in /opt/local/lib/pkg-config or /usr/lib/pkg-config . That makes sense, because /opt/local/include/qt5 was introduced only when I modified the port:qt5-mac (qt 5.3.2) port, and the only (dependent) ports installed afterwards where the qt5-sqlite-plugin port, and qt5-QtCurve . So no other installed port should be aware of a /opt/local/include/qt5 header directory for Qt 5.

I have since narrowed down the occurrence to 2 files, build/qtwebengine/src/core/{Debug,Release}/obj/src/core/QtWebEngineCore.ninja .
Does that help you or should I file a bug report myself?

Which leads me to a additional question: is the use of ninja dependent on whether that tool is installed or should I make it a build dependency?

R.