[Interest] QML animation flickering on Ubuntu

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Tue Jan 13 19:35:06 CET 2015

On Tuesday 13 January 2015 17:02:40 Dmitry Volosnykh wrote:
> I've tried to capture the issue: see http://youtu.be/KUNyk2YWBaY
> The flickering is more obvious in this video since capturing software
> affecting performance. When running application with no video recording
> there's no visual artifacts for about 15 seconds. Then the top of the green
> bar visually looks like be shifted leftwards by a small offset which holds
> on form the moment of its appearance. The height of this 'cap' may slightly
> increase over time. This issue reproduces constantly.

Sounds like a lack of v-sync is causing tearing and over time the offset
between the swapbuffers and screen refresh is changing. Is your monitor running
at a standard refresh rate?

Try forcing vsync in the control panel for your graphics card driver. At least
nVidia provide an option for this. I'm not sure about AMD and Intel.

Cheers,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK