[Interest] porting to Qt 5.4 - MOC very slow on Windows

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Fri Jan 16 02:00:53 CET 2015

On 15/01/15 19:23, Koehne Kai wrote:

> [...]
Good suggestion. I've found that MOC is spending a lot of time searching
for headers. We have lots of source directories in the include path, and
MOC is searching all of them before the Qt and MSVC directories. Even
when searching for stddef.h, QObject etc. And strangely enough it seems
to be trying to open the file in each path twice.

In comparison, MOC 4.8 seems to know how to find the Qt headers without
searching everywhere. It still searches all over for stddef.h,
<algorithm> etc but only tries each location once.

I see that MOC is being told to read a mocinclude.tmp file which lists
all the include directories. In 4.8, the QT directories are first. In
5.4, the QT directories are last.

Hamish