[Interest] Qt 5.3 vs Qt 5.4 (etc)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jan 20 04:33:21 CET 2015

On Monday 19 January 2015 23:06:05 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> Correct except for the packages that use Qt's private headers (please,
> don't  do that except you are writing code for Qt itself) and between the
> different submodules of Qt5, as we need to ensure that qtsvg 5.x.y is
> always used with qtbase 5.x.y.

By the way, I've been meaning to add a patch to Qt that would cause one
library to use a symbol from QtCore that has the exact Qt version number in
its ELF symbol. Would this help in the packaging and ensuring everything is
ship-shape?

Like the GLIBCXX_3.4.20 version that the other thread is talking about, but
removing that symbol in a new version.