[Interest] Qt 5.3 vs Qt 5.4 (etc)

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 14:28:35 CET 2015

On Tuesday 20 January 2015 11:42:39 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Monday January 19 2015 23:06:05 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >On Monday 12 January 2015 09:09:08 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >[snip]
> >Correct except for the packages that use Qt's private headers (please,
> >don't do that except you are writing code for Qt itself) and between the
> >different submodules of Qt5, as we need to ensure that qtsvg 5.x.y is
> >always used with qtbase 5.x.y.
> >
> >But for the most use cases, yes, Andreas' explanation is just right.
>
> As a Debian developer you wouldn't happen to know about Ubuntu release too,
> would you?

All I know is that two of my fellow Debian's comaintainers are also the Ubuntu
ones, and they usually star doing the Debian packaging and then reusing and
modifying whatever they need for Ubuntu.

> I've been slowly adding the various Qt 5.3 components to my
> 5.3.2 PPA, so the day approaches I could make another attempt to bump my
> 14.04LTS system from Qt 5.2 to Qt 5.3.2 ... unless someone can affirm that
> won't work anyway. In which case it's probably useless to continue the
> exercise ...

All I can say is that, at least with respect to the Qt packaging, upgrading
should be just smooth. And 5.3.2 is actually quite a stable release.

--
9: Que es el "Explorador" de Windows
    * El tipo que le roba las ideas a MacOs

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer