[Interest] Building Qt5 with Intel C++ under Windows

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 22 16:50:13 CET 2015

On Thursday 22 January 2015 09:46:27 Carsten Schneemann wrote:
> Hi Emre,
>
> Well, there are not so many enlightening things to say.
>
> Intel C++ on Windows is not among the "supported platforms" for Qt 5:
> http://doc.qt.io/QtSupportedPlatforms/index.html

Correct. It's supported by me, on a best-effort basis (tier 2 style). That
means the actual Qt release may fail until I get a chance to try it and fix the
issues.

In fact, I'm more reactive: if you have a problem and report it, I'll try fix
it. So if you report it during the beta or release candidate period, I'll
probably have enough time before the release.

> Which doesn't mean it can't be made to work. As far as I understand, Intel
> C++ and Visual C++ should in general be compatible enough s.th. code which
> compiles with MSVC (and this is a supported platform) should also compile
> with Intel C++. Except for little details which e.g. cause the current
> headache with iAccessible2.

Right.

It's a missing #include, it has to be.