[Interest] Building the latest Qt 5.X

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Fri Jan 23 05:15:29 CET 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: interest-bounces+scott.bloom=onshorecs.com at qt-project.org [mailto:interest-bounces+scott.bloom=onshorecs.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Thiago Macieira
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:57 PM
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Interest] Building the latest Qt 5.X

On Friday 23 January 2015 01:14:56 Scott Aron Bloom wrote:
> > I have always built on linux, by simply running configure, then
> > make, then make install.
>
> Any problems with this?
> ============
> Yea, it doesn't include the necessary packages, such as Webkit

Why not? Sure it does.

> Understood.. Any recommendations on how to move to the latest GCC and
> ship all the runtime libraries for a closed source LGPL compatible application?

The compiler is binary compatible. You don't have to do anything.
========
Thanks, what version of GCC do you recommend?

> And what about windows, 32 and 64 bit?

Just use the MinGW that comes with Qt for the 32-bit build. I'm not sure what the state of mingw64 is -- some have had luck, some others haven't. VS 2012, 2013, and 2015 for 64-bit have been working fine.

We will be using Dev Studio probably 2013, it hasn't been finalized yet.

Since you have confirmed it will work...

Do you have a
1) download this file, that includes all the packages
2) Run configure with these options.. especially for windows, to create the vcproj

I really feel stupid here.. Ive been building and using Qt for 10+ years, and never had such issues.. :(

Thanks.

Scott