[Interest] Unmatched platform conditions when using device specs

Fatih Aşıcı fatih.asici at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 10:02:30 CET 2015

Hi,

I am trying to package qtwebengine for buildroot. We are using a custom
device spec for buildroot: linux-buildroot-g++.

qtwebengine cannot be built because of the following lines in
qtwebengine/tools/qmake/mkspecs/features/functions.prf:

  linux-g++*:!isGCCVersionSupported():return(false)
  !isPythonVersionSupported(): return(false)
  linux-g++*|win32-msvc2013|macx-clang: return(true)

linux-g++* does not match to linux-buildroot-g++. This will probably a
problem for other device specs in qtbase archive, too.

Am I missing something here? Or should I just rename our spec to
linux-g++-buildroot?

Thanks,
Fatih