[Interest] Using freetype/fontconfig on OS X?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:20:31 CET 2015

On Saturday January 24 2015 17:50:38 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> I think you'll have to edit
> src/platformsupport/fontdatabases/fontdatabases.pri

Thanks, yes, that indeed seems to be the case, for Qt 5 at least:

> unix:!mac {
>     CONFIG += qpa/genericunixfontdatabase
>     include($$PWD/genericunix/genericunix.pri)
>     contains(QT_CONFIG,fontconfig) {
>         include($$PWD/fontconfig/fontconfig.pri)
>     }
> }
>
> mac {
>     include($$PWD/mac/coretext.pri)
> }

Do you think I can leave both include paths, i.o.w., should Qt be able to support 2 font rendering engines (or however you refer to them).
If so, how is the default determined?

Also, I see that my copy of fontdatabases/basic/basic.pri has

> DEFINES += QT_NO_FONTCONFIG

That's from the source tree that has "served" an out-of-tree build; is that the define the result of the configure, or does it get removed later on if fontconfig support is detected and activated?

And finally, how about Qt 4? I see that src/plugins/platforms/fontdatabases doesn't contain a toplevel .pro or .pri file, so I'd have to figure out where the decision is made to use only coretext/coretext.pri?

Thanks,
René