[Interest] multiple displaying backends on OS X?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 22:21:31 CET 2015

On Sunday January 25 2015 18:59:32 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> It requires that the dependent libs be installed. Please consult your system's
> documentation on how to install libxcb and stuff.

I'm that guy doing a MacPorts port of Qt 5.4, remember? :)
So yeah, I have the dependent stuff installed.

Issues I've identified so far:

- mkspecs/common/macx.conf has no definition for QMAKE_LIBS_X11
- after adding one, X11 and enough of xcb are found using `configure -qt-xcb -xcb-xlib`, but the OpenGL libraries to be used remain clamped on the native OS X frameworks. So GLX isn't found according to configure (correctly so), but regardless of that conclusion glX functions are referenced (and not found) when linking offscreen.dylib and libqxcb.dylib.
- Adding a definition for QMAKE_LIBS_GL=-lGL doesn't cause GLX to be detected
- offscreen.dylib also builds for the standard OS X build, so it was easy to remove the dependency on GLX
- if I add /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib manually to the libqxcb.dylib link step, GLX functions are found, but I am still missing something else:
>   "QGenericUnixTheme::themeNames()", referenced from:
>       QXcbIntegration::themeNames() const in qxcbintegration.o
>
>   "QGenericUnixTheme::createUnixTheme(QString const&)", referenced from:
>       QXcbIntegration::createPlatformTheme(QString const&) const in
>       qxcbintegration.o>
>   "vtable for QGenericUnixServices", referenced from:
>       QXcbIntegration::QXcbIntegration(QStringList const&, int&, char**) in
>       qxcbintegration.o>
>   NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member
>   function has no definition.>
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)

I think that answers my question if the xcb platform has ever been built for OS X ...

Out of curiosity: does Qt do actual OpenGL on a remote X11 display?

R.