[Interest] GStreamer missing plugin error

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Jan 27 20:28:55 CET 2015

I seem to have mp4 playback working on OS X out of the box, but my video
did not have any sound track.
I have not knowingly installed any gstreamer plugins in the machine.

I made a small testcase included in
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-44157 that plays the included mp4
fine on OSX.  On iOS there is some accidental DRM, the first showing is
ok, and subsequent showings are corrupted :)

Harri