[Interest] Error-const class QSerialPortInfo' has no member named 'serialNumber'

Nilesh Kokane nilesh.kokane at mindastoneridge.com
Fri Jan 30 10:30:46 CET 2015

Hi Thiago,

Thanks for your reply.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On Friday 30 January 2015 11:51:52 Nilesh Kokane wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to cross-compile terminal code (example )for arm and getting the
> > error as : ‘const class QSerialPortInfo’has no member named
> ‘serialNumber’
> > @ serialNumber = info.serialNumber(); but when the same code when
> compiled
> > on native sys (linux ubuntu14.04)it doesn’t complains. Can anyone please
> > point out where I'm wrong.
>
> You didn't provide enough information.

I'm using yocto  generated sysroot and set up Qt5.3.1 for i.mx6.
I've double checked that the environment required is well set and all the
other codes of qt has been cross compiled and works on the board
successfully.

> My guess is that you're not compiling against QtSerialPort 5.3. That
> function
> was added in 5.3.0, so either you're compiling against an older version or
> against something completely different.

I've also conformed that yocto build has included the qtserialport 5.3
library.

Don't know why only at this serialNumber = info.serialNumber(); the error
is pointed as QtserialPortInfo has no member named
serialNumber().Commenting this
line is building the code successfully.

Can you please suggest .

--