[Interest] QML Text.Fit question

Curtis Mitch mitch.curtis at theqtcompany.com
Fri Jan 30 12:57:50 CET 2015

If you're already using a rectangle to determine the size of the text, why not use one half the size to determine text that should be half the size?

Besides that, there's probably not a better way to achieve what you're after, other than exposing the font size.

Another option to consider, if you want to somehow get access to the font size, is to provide a function in QFontMetrics:

int fontSize(const QRect &boundingRect) const

I'm not sure if that makes sense for QFontMetrics' API, but I'm just throwing ideas around. :)