[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Edward Sutton edward.sutton at subsite.com
Thu Jul 2 16:13:18 CEST 2015

This news sounds like a good week for Xamarin.

-Ed

On Jul 2, 2015, at 9:06 AM, Ben Lau <xbenlau at gmail.com<mailto:xbenlau at gmail.com>> wrote:

On 2 July 2015 at 21:45, Turunen Tuukka <tuukka.turunen at theqtcompany.com<mailto:tuukka.turunen at theqtcompany.com>> wrote:

> [...]

All the current Indie Mobile customers can continue with it under the same terms, we are not offering new any more.

This is due to having overall too little interest (i.e. paying customers) for that product.

Yours,

                    Tuukka

I think that is the problem of chicken and egg. Qt is not yet a famous / popular solution for iOS/Android development and therefore people don't interest for the indie license. But without the indie Qt, it is even more difficult to get people's attention to use Qt for cross-platform solution for mobile.

This email and any files transmitted with it from The Charles Machine Works, Inc. are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Our company accepts no liability for the contents of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.