[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 2 17:07:49 CEST 2015

On 7/2/2015 8:44 AM, Igor Mironchik wrote:
>> Indeed
>
> Stop guys...

No, they have a valid point.  I had not even heard about Xamarin until they
posted this, and after looking, it looks like Xamarin is a legitimate
competitor to what the Qt Company intended with its Indie license.

Dropping the $25/month ($300/year) indie program for a $350/month ($4200/year)
full license program seems completely counter intuitive to me.  Could somebody
explain the rationale for that one?  As was pointed out previously, Qt is not
really a visible player in the mobile market, and dropping that program--even
though you didn't have what you would consider sufficient interest--will not
get you there when you are now charging an order of magnitude more, twice what
your nearest competitor (Xamarin) is charging for their most expensive plan.

On the surface, this looks like it was a horrid marketing decision.  If you
are serious about market penetration, instead of withdrawing, you actually
should have gotten more aggressive.