[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Thu Jul 2 17:43:31 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm quite shocked. I have used Qt open source for years.

When I started my own company I decided that I needed to buy Qt license because I would need in app purchase mechanism for my apps. By that time, one year ago, I have subscribed a license for 125 euros. I have payed for that license until a couple of months ago when I downgraded to mobile indie license for 25 euros. This one seemed to me a really awesome option for my company. I was running out of money and cutting on the fixed expenses was one of the first moves.

For companies like mine, a low license value is essential to keep it running. If I had to decide today for a license of 350 euros, it wouldn't be possible for me to choose Qt... :(

Qt is an awesome technology and allows small developers like me to do awesome things with low resources. If a small developer like me has a huge amount of success in the future, Qt will gain with that as I will keep investing in it.

Sincerely, I strongly believe that you should bet more on evangelization and on a strong marketing strategy to push more developers to use this technology. A low license fee is essential as selling point.

The fact that the license model changed so many times in so abrupt ways in just a single year shows a bit of incoherence regarding the licensing model and can be quite disappoint for those who are investing in this technology to base their products.

This is just my opinion.

I think I have to clearly state this: Qt Rocks!

Best,

--
Nuno Santos