[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Jul 2 18:58:55 CEST 2015

It seems a bit early to give up on the Indie mobile. There are reasons for having loss-leaders.

As someone who does mobile (iOS/Android) I'm constantly dealing with feature discrepancies between iOS and Android. 5.5 represents an probably first version of Qt to have all the substantial features on both platforms.

To pull the plug on the program on the version that FINALLY delivers the cross-platform promises with MUCH less errata, seems to be premature to me.

I would give it at least another year. And I would publicise it more that the license is being dropped before leaving people out in the cold. This could generate a rush into the program to finally get it profitable. (That last sentence is speculation about its profitability. I have no idea of the financials).

What I do know is no one knows of Qt for Mobile. Which is a shame because QML is freaking amazing.

I would also recommend pushing QML as a new standard for HTML development (and support QMLWeb).  This would add utility to QML at large which would help drive adoption.

My $0.02.